Rugged 2U Server With Video Capture, Encoding, Compression, Streaming and Archiving
ZX2-VCES CAPTURE & ENCODE SERVER
VIDEO CAPTURE, ENCODING, COMPRESSION, STREAMING & ARCHIVING SERVER SYSTEM
Rugged. Reliable. Performance.
The Z Microsystems’ ZX2-VCES (Video Capture & Encoding Solution) Server is a high performance video capture and encoding platform engineered specifically for demanding video applications in military, aerospace, and other high priority deployments. The ZX2-VCES integrates Intel®’s powerful Xeon® processors, the latest high performance e-ATX motherboards, NVidia® and ATI® graphics cards, and the ruggedized GE® ICS-8580 card for advanced capture, compression, streaming and archiving capabilities. With storage for up to 6 rugged TranzPak 2 modules, the ZX2-VCES offers advanced protection and “hot-swappable” convenient data storage for all of your deployed video content.
Advanced Video Capture, Compression and Streaming
The Z Microsystems ZX2-VCES Server hosts one or two ICS-8580 video capture and encoding cards from GE® Intelligent Platforms. This lightweight and low power consumption card provides real-time multi-channel encoding and decoding for video streaming and transmission, making it an ideal solution for military and aerospace market video demands. Each card is capable of processing two channels of high-definition video (1600x1200p); one channel of high-definition and two channels of standard definition (720x480p) video; or four standard definition video channels. The ICS-8580 features configurable and adaptable video compression formats. Video data compression ratios range up to 150:1 with approximately 60ms latency from input to output for full high-definition video. For more information visit our website or check out Military Embedded Systems, March 2013 Vol. 9 Edition (Field Intelligence: Video Processing on the fly., Pg. 10).
MISSION-READY™ Computers for Mission-Critical Applications
Z Microsystems has over 27 years of experience in ruggedizing COTS components to operate reliably at peak performance in harsh environments. ZX2-VCES Servers meet stringent MIL-STD requirements for shock/vibration, and EMI by implementing: 3-axis PCI expansion card support brackets, a reinforced aluminum chassis, RTV and locking connectors, and input filters and cable shielding protectors. Designed for reliability and performance, the ZX2-VCES is equipped with Z Microsystems’ proprietary Environmental Control Board (ECB) that actively monitors and drives adaptive airflow to ‘hotspots’ within the server. Visit our website for more information.
- Rugged 2U rack unit (20” depth) server
- Latest motherboards up to e-ATX form factor
- Powerful Intel® Xeon® processors
- High performance NVIDIA® & ATI® graphics cards
- Up to 512GB DDR3 1600MHz registered ECC memory
- GE® ICS-8580 video capture and encoding cards
- Lightweight aluminum chassis
- AC/DC power supply options; Mil-5015 connector
- Up to 6 TranzPak 2 storage modules (up to 1TB ea)
- RAID configurable data storage
- Front accessible system status display & USB slots
- Intelligent system monitoring and adaptive cooling
- MIL-STD-810G Shock & Temperature
- MIL-STD-461F EMI/EMC, MIL-STD-167 & DO-160 Vibe
- Also available in 3U for added storage & expansion